Lower School, Grades K-4
In our lower school, we stress building a solid foundation.
Our SRA Open Court Reading program is phonetically based, allowing children with different learning modalities to succeed. Along with phonics, there is a strong emphasis on comprehension skills.
Our traditional math program, Scott Foresman-Addison Wesley Mathematics, incorporates the use of manipulatives, strategies, and problem-solving techniques. This program has the added benefit of being accessible online. Students are taught multiple strategies for problem solving, allowing each student to choose the strategy that works best for him or her.
The Language Arts program emphasizes grammar through creative writing, spelling, book talks, journals, and pen pal communications. In Social Studies, students are exposed to a variety of skills, concepts, and history.
Mason Prep's 5K Program
- Designed for a seamless transition into Mason Prep's first grade curriculum, our Kindergarten jump starts students' learning with classes including:
- Reading (Open Court Series), Math and Science
- Special Areas - Foreign Language, Music, Art and Physical Education
- The Kindergarten day is 8:00 - 3:05, with extended day options.
- There are 2 classes of approximately 16 students per section.