The Mason Prep faculty, staff, and coaches strive to develop the whole child, and our athletic program plays a significant part in this effort. Our program is designed to teach basic fundamental skills and then build on those skills at appropriate age levels. Fundamental skills and strategies in several sports can be mastered in the eight years at Mason Prep, and athletes who continue through the middle school years can make an easy transition to high school sports.
Mason Prep athletes also learn the meaning of hard work, integrity, responsibility, commitment, and sportsmanship - critically important traits for each athlete to take to the next level of sport and into adulthood.
Support the Knights! Come to a game and cheer them on!
All Teams Schedule
Mason Prep 1
Mason Prep Knights
Mason Prep Gold
Mason Prep’s teams typically involve grades 4 - 8. We play against Lowcountry public and private schools, giving our children an opportunity to make new friends through sport.
- Volleyball (girls) – In the fall of 2016, Mason Prep fielded four volleyball teams for girls in Grades 5-8. The volleyball season runs from September to mid-October, with games played through the City of Charleston Recreational Volleyball League.
- Basketball (girls and boys) – The basketball program runs from mid-October through early February. During the 2016-17 season, Mason Prep fielded six teams for boys and girls in fourth through eighth grade in the Trident Basketball Association.
- Lacrosse (boys) – Lacrosse is played in the spring through the Mt. Pleasant Recreation Department's lacrosse league. For the past few years, Mason Prep has combined with Charleston Day School to field teams.
- Tennis (girls and boys, grades 4-8) - Tennis season takes place in the spring with competitions through the Charleston Tennis Center.
- Softball (girls, grades 6-8) - Softball is played in the spring through the City of Charleston Recreation Department.
Before students enter a competitive arena, developmental teams are offered in basketball in grades K - 3. These teams participate in intramural sessions with volunteer parent coaches. Rather than a win/loss record, each individual's performing to the best of his or her ability and development of fundamental skills are the Mason Prep measures of success.
For Mason Prep Athletes
Team sports information and forms may be found here (scroll down to Team Sports).
Information about camps and registration may be found here.